viernes, 19 de noviembre de 2021

English 4, Post 4: 'Themed Free Post [II]'

Today, I'm going to take the chance of this "themed free" entry to recommend a music band that I recently found. The name of the band is "Pigeons Playing Ping Pong" an extremely weird name, for sure, but I like it, it is catchy in some way. But what I like the most of them is the genre of music that they compose, a kind of a mix of funk, blues, and rock that every time I listen to it makes me want to move my body. If you don't believe me thus far, here you have some of their songs, go ahead and feel the rhythm yourself:

King Kong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMOx20vqpfU&ab_channel=PigeonsPlayingPingPong. 

Oceans Flow (Live):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpEut44gJjo&ab_channel=PigeonsPlayingPingPong-Topic

Melting Lights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smpn6dQGQx8&ab_channel=PigeonsPlayingPingPong

Investigating a little bit about them I found that they are active since 2009 but released their first album, titled Funk E P in 2010. Nowadays, they have 5 studio albums and 1 live album (which I consider the best because the songs have long sections of improvisation that are really cool). 

Current members of the band are mentioned below:

  • Vocals, Guitar: "Scrambled" Greg Ormont
  • Vocals, Guitar: Jeremy Schon
  • Vocals, Bass: Ben Carrey
  • Drums: Alex "Gator" Petropulos

Well, that's all I had to say today, I wish that you liked my  "music recommendation" and who knows, maybe they'll become one of your favorite bands. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

English 4, Post 8 [FINAL]: 'English Language challenges'

My experience learning English at "Universidad de Chile" has been quite difficult, not for the learning method but administrative ...