domingo, 9 de enero de 2022

English 4, Post 8 [FINAL]: 'English Language challenges'

My experience learning English at "Universidad de Chile" has been quite difficult, not for the learning method but administrative reasons. I entered to the faculty in 2016 to 2nd year of pharmacy (transferred from "bachillerato" academic program) and trying to take English every semester was so hard because the schedules between pharmacy subjects and English always overlapped each other. But in the end, here I am almost finishing this experience.  

English is a language that I've been constantly exposed to for almost my whole life, whether it be playing videogames that only have English translations, watching TV shows with Spanish subtitles, reading books, scientific papers, etc. So all of this "background" has made my "English learning process" easier for me. But I think that I still lack spontaneity at the moment to write or speak the language, there are moments in which I struggle to remind the correct word to say what I want to tell so, this kind of activity helps me practice that. This is something that I can improve by practicing speaking and writing more, so I'll have to do that actively.

Nowadays I've been using English a lot in a "professional" and a "common" way. The first way is because English is the language of science so studying it requires the use of English and also in my professional internship the translation of documents it's quite often seen. The second one is because I watch videos, play videogames, see TV shows all in English very often. So the language is a part of my life now. 

That was all I have to say for now. Thank you Mr! It has been a great english class. 

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Diego! All your blog entries have been checked. I have not marked them as such since blogger.com is making my work a little too difficult by asking me if I’m human or not every time I mark any of your blog entries. So, please rest assured that I have already read all your blog entries and approved all of them as fit and appropriate for this blog activity

    Congrats!

    ResponderEliminar

English 4, Post 8 [FINAL]: 'English Language challenges'

My experience learning English at "Universidad de Chile" has been quite difficult, not for the learning method but administrative ...