martes, 4 de enero de 2022

English 4, Post 7: 'Changes to my study programme'

First of all, I'm going to start this entry by mentioning that the pharmacy study programme had a big change back in 2016. That change included the add, elimination, and reformulation of some subjects, and I was part of the generation who "suffered" this transition period since I enter the faculty in 2016. 

In my opinion, the curriculum of the career is good, it has a variety of subjects all relevant to the field of pharmacy in general (the investigation field, the industry field, the clinical field, among many others) but there is one thing I consider that the curriculum lacks, the "professional" practical activities to experience how all the things we have learned through the years are applied to the different jobs that pharmacists can do. So, I would add more of these activities (with a considerable length) to be more prepared to face the work life.

Regarding to the workload, it's very tough, we have, on average, 7 subjects by semester along 11 semesters. So, it's not rare to have moments in which students basically shut themselves in their rooms for 1 month to approve tests. That is something that I would definitely change. As I mentioned before the duration of the career is very long, almost 6 years, but I think that this length is a consequence of the wideness of the field of pharmaceutical sciences.

Finally, the use of technology it's not the best because of budget problems (I guess?), "Universidad de Chile" it's a public university and doesn't count with a big budget or the best distribution of it. That is something to improve. About the teaching methods, different teachers have different methods so it would be ok to try to harmonize the teaching methods. 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

English 4, Post 8 [FINAL]: 'English Language challenges'

My experience learning English at "Universidad de Chile" has been quite difficult, not for the learning method but administrative ...